What are Dental Implants and Why Are They So Popular?
- Posted on: Jul 25 2022
As an option for replacing missing teeth, dental implants provide a fixed, permanent solution to removable dentures. They are surgically implanted into your jawbone so they can give you an option to support crowns, bridges, and dentures. The implant is a permanent solution and looks and feels just like a natural tooth.
Dental implants are one of the most popular tooth replacement solutions. There are numerous reasons why they are popular, including:
- They look and feel like your natural teeth. Your Clocktower Dental dentist will design your implant so that it matches the color of your surrounding teeth.
- Eating and chewing food is now possible with dental implants because the titanium post replaces the root of your tooth. All the pressure you use to chew food is now put on your dental implant which goes directly to your jaw bone. Now you don’t have to worry about your teeth falling out or slipping and sliding.
- They last for a long time with proper dental care and hygiene. Your implants can last for years. Dental implants are one of the best investments you can make in your life because they are a permanent solution to tooth loss.
- The success rate for patients who qualify for dental implants is impressive. Just ask us!
- They preserve your jawbone and prevent bone loss. When you lose a tooth your jawbone no longer serves its purpose of holding your teeth in place. As a result, your jawbone begins to weaken and disintegrate. With a dental implant in place, your jawbone is stimulated and can now function and hold a tooth in place.
- Your facial features are supported when your jawbone is preserved. Without this support, your face will develop more wrinkles around your mouth and the skin on the lower third portion of your face will begin to sag, making you look much older than you really are.
- Food tastes better. If you had dentures before getting dental implants, the dentures covered the roof of your mouth where a good portion of your taste buds is located. With dental implants, you no longer have to cover the roof of your mouth and are able to expose your tastebuds to the foods you eat.
- Your speech improves. Since you no longer wear dentures or have missing teeth, you can speak clearly and naturally.
- Your confidence will improve. You will be able to smile naturally without being self-conscious about your missing teeth.
- Your dental implant will not get cavities. You will still have to care for your dental implant so that you can prevent bacteria from building up in your mouth, causing infections.
Clock Tower Dental specializes in dental implants and offers a free consultation to all those patients interested in a permanent solution to tooth loss. If you would like to discuss the possibility of dental implants for that beautiful, natural look, contact us to schedule your appointment with one of our dentists. You can also call us at 516-352-1000.
Posted in: Uncategorized